Tuesday, December 13, 2005

India- Mr.Negative

India – Mr. N

“How worse can it get?” I thought, as I was walking down the mucky Indian roads. Just then, I stepped on cow dung lying on the PAVEMENT. I turned to see if anyone was looking. Then I noticed the cow behind me. I frowned. It looked as if the cow smiled back mockingly thinking, “This is how”. With almost 80% of the cows in the world, India produces just over 10% of the milk. If you think the ANCIENT mode of transport- the bullock cart has become obsolete, think again. ‘Cause here’s a country which seems to be riding it’s journey to development on a bullock cart(Animal rights and Protection), blocking the Mercedes and ford which look piteous, blaring their horns and not being able to do anything. They shout with frustration but they get the coolest response, “ yeh car jaane wala road nahin hain saheb”. Rash driving, traffic congestions and bad roads make driving a horrifying experience. Can you find it in any other country?

I walked backwards, cursing the cow, and thinking, “It possibly can’t get any worse”, when I collided with a man relieving his “STRESS”. Great. Just great. This is another thing that identifies a trademark Indian. One must be extremely careful while walking on the INDIAN PAVEMENTS, if there is one, especially during rainy season coz’ you never know the difference, if you know what I mean. “Since the pavements are being used for more important things, why not walk on the road?” you may ask. True…but my chances of getting home alive would be 0.0001%. The trucks, three-wheelers and motorbikes make you feel like Simba caught in the stampede. No traffic rules, no respect for signals and no fear of the police, these are definitely some unique aspects one can find only in India. Growing traffic due to burgeoning population is horrible. Every six months it is adding an Australia to its population. Every 9 sec one person dies and every 2 sec a baby is born. Every 7th baby born in the world is an Indian. Wondering how they manage it. That is intolerable India.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home